Have you ever looked up at the sky on a clear night, and discovered stars forming different shapes? What comes as a total surprise, is that these “shapes” have remained for a billion years! Yes, we are talking about constellations. But did you know that they have an influence over your life? In Vedic astrology, these are called Nakshatras. The word Naksha translates to map and Tara is known as a star. So, if you think about it, what you see in the sky is a map of stars.
Nakshatras have been a significant part of the universe and rightly so a mighty significator in the world of Vedic Astrology. They are windows into the mind and soul of any person. They reveal much about their past regressions, present personality, and future plans. The Nakshatras allow us to understand the nature of our relationship with the universe.
Nakshatras are 27 divisions of the night sky, which the moon passes through on the course of its monthly cycle. Each Nakshatra is governed by a planetary lord who gives it its unique character and characteristics. Nakshatras are connected to one another by their ruling deities. They also have an association with a particular vowel sound, and element. The qualities of a nakshatra can be seen as both positive and challenging, just like the planets that rule them. When the moon is in a particular nakshatra at the time of your birth, that nakshatra has a special influence on your life.
How to determine your nakshatra?
Similar to planetary placements, you are born under certain nakshatras that play a pivotal role in your life. Every Nakshatra has its light and shadow aspects. Some are highly auspicious while others require some work. All in all, it gives the native an innate trait that sets them apart. Something that makes them special in their own way. Nakshatra is a beautiful way to know that the universe has something in store for everyone. You can find your nakshatra by consulting me and knowing your purpose in life.
What are the 27 Nakshatras in order?
- Purva Phalguni
- Uttara Phalguni
- Purva Ashadha
- Uttara Ashadha
- Purva Bhadrapada
- Uttara Bhadrapada
What are the Characteristics of Nakshatra?
27 Nakshatras and each one is different from the rest. They are different based on their lord, planet, trait, element, dosha, caste, wind, and direction. Since they correspond with so many characteristics, their interpretations vary from one another.
There are two genders when it comes to Nakshatras– female and male. In Vedic astrology female nakshatras are marginally less enthusiastic than male nakshatras.
Female Nakshatras are- Rohini, Krittika, Punarvasu, Purva Phalguni, Arda, Revati, Uttara Bhadrapada, Shatabhishak, Vishakha, Anuradha, Hasta, Dhanistha, and Mrigashirsha
Male Nakshatras are – Purva Bhadrapada, Shravana, Uttarashadha, Purvashadha, Mula, Jyeshta, Swati, Uttara Phalguni, Magha, Ashlesha, Pushya, Bharani, and Ashwini.
Gunas are energies. In Vedic astrology, each Nakshatra indicates a particular guna.
- Rajas represent a charming energy that sparks a will to conquer the world.
- Tamas illustrates a fondness for materialism.
- Sattva represents liberation and beyond worldly matters.
Nakshatras are majorly categorized under three temperaments- Dev, Manushya, and Rakshas.
- The Dev Nakshatras are Mrigashirsha, Swati, Revati, Ashwini, Hasta, Anuradha, Punarvasu, and Pushya.
- The Manushya Nakshatras are Shravana, Rohini, Bharani, Ardra, and Uttara and Purva Nakshatras.
- The Rakshas Nakshatras are Ashlesha, Chitra, Krittika, Jyestha, Vishakha, Dhanistha, Mula, Shatabhishak, and Magha.
How are Nakshatras relevant in Vedic Astrology?
If it comes down to understanding a native, nakshatras matter a lot. Nakshatras play a pivotal role in shaping the thought process, ideals, and perspective of a native.
- Nakshatras are helpful in deciphering accurate Kundli analysis. It is considered among the significant factors to conclude a reading. It helps the astrologer understand the native better.
- Nakshatras are powerful enough to leave a lasting impact. The energy is massively undertaken by the Nakshatra lord that reflects their traits onto the native.
- These have a lot to do with our karmas– past and present.
- It is an important factor while checking the compatibility of a potential couple (Kundli Milan).
I welcome you to take a peek at the cosmos of starry maps. Watch out this space for detailed information on all 27 Nakshatras – The Nakshatra Series. For a detailed analysis of your life, contact me for a personalized Kundli reading session.